Hi Travis,

I'm with you - the Nanostations are a pretty amazing product.   I've
been deploying Nanostations on 10mhz channels in 2.4 and 5ghz with
StarOS access points and the performance/interference resistance is
pretty amazing at ANY price point.   I could say the same thing for the
newer Tranzeo CPE units as well, but they can't match up with the
Ubiquity price point just yet.

It is neat to see a product with many of the Canopy advantages (rich
features, small footprint, inexpensive to produce, good interference
resistance) that is compatible with the 802.11a/b/g standards and thus
able to take advantage of the very innovative Mikrotik and StarOS
platforms.

I'm curious to see if someone comes up with a good reflector for the
Nanostation radios.  That would enable the use of the adaptive antenna
mode, and since StarOS has the ability to switch connectors on the fly -
and potentially polarity if hooked up to a dual-pol antenna - you would
end up with a standards based product that would have nearly every
feature that the Trangos had that made them special (noise threshold at
the AP, software switchable polarity, site survey, etc).   No polling,
but that is one of the most overrated features anyway.

Matt Larsen
vistabeam.com