> I'm having a hard time understanding why yawl just wouldn't use the
> Dude?  It's FREE, it emails me in the event of an anomaly, sends text
> msgs, monitors/graphs number of hotspot users, bandwidth, outages,
> traffic on my links, uptime, or just about anything else you want to
> look at, log, notify you of, login to, upgrade, or have your wife go
> fix;-) It even has a nice pretty web interface for your level 1 support
> crew (daughter or son) to look at.

So does nagios and cacti.  They are also open source so you can write any
plug-in you need including non-snmp device checks.  Cacti has tons of
premade templates that can be found all over the net. I use nagios to check
to see if linux boxes are up to date and a variety of other non-typical, non
snmp monitoring situations.  I also have the ability to provision the
information to the NMS systems from my billing system so I can setup all of
my information in one location and "push" it out to all of the other
systems.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Davis
Maximum Technologies, LLC