Brian,

The answer is "it depends". If a little water got into an antenna and
came back out without staying in there too long, the antenna could be
fine. On the other hand, if a lot of water got in and stayed for a while
then it could cause corrosion that would prevent the antenna from
working properly anymore. The same should apply to the dipole on the grid.

jack

Brian Rohrbacher wrote:
> So, if I have a suspect antenna that might have got water in it, is it
> ruined, or can it dry out, be resealed and work just fine?
>

> Specifically, I have a couple omni's from sites that seemed to be under
> powered.  The culprit could have been the radio card, pigtail, cable or
> omni, I don't know.  I replaced it all.  The reason I ask about the omni
> is because way back a few years ago I got paranoid after I have some
> water issues.  A couple of these omni's I put too much tape and mastic
> on the bottom by the connector.  I wrapped it up too high and thick and
> covered the weep holes in the bottom of the omni.  So maybe I got
> condensation, or water in there if it could not leak out....
>
> So if an omni like that got wet, will it dry and be ok?  What about a
> dipole on a grid?
>
> Brian

Jack Unger - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc.
Serving the Broadband Wireless Industry Since 1993
Cisco Press Author - "Deploying License-Free Wireless WANs"
NEXT ONLINE TRAINING AUGUST 18-19 2008 <http://www.linktechs.net/askwi.asp>
FCC Lic. #PG-12-25133 LinkedIn Profile <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jackunger>
Phone 818-227-4220  Email <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>