Fireware or OS version?  When you install the new OS version you need to
upgrade firmware/
/system routerboard upgrade

Try setting hw-retries to 4

I inherited some hi-gain and other junk CPEs when I bought a WISP in the
area. We have been replacing them with MT CPEs when we have trouble with
the disconnects.
I've had a few failures with Ubiquiti CPEs so I;m just sticking with MT
all the way so I can sleep at night.

Jim