From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Butch Evans
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:16 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] MT interface randomly dumping clients.

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Kurt Fankhauser wrote:

>Has anyone else seen this problem I am seeing. On my Mikrotik sites
>with Atheros AP's the interface will decide to completely dump all
>of the atheros clients and then they reconnect again within 2
>seconds. You can tell this happens because the uptimes are so
>short. But the prism clients they never get dumped and their
>uptimes are accurate since they were last power cycled. Take a look
>at this screen shot you can see the problem clearly. This is
>happening on ALL of my towers that have Mikrotik AP's.

Let me guess...you are using the XR2 or XR5?  This is a known issue
that is especially bad with Tranzeo client radios and XR2 at the AP.
As someone else mentioned, there is a lot of finger pointing going
on relating to this issue.  From what I can tell, this issue does
not have a negative impact on Mikrotik CPE (or most other CPEs for
that matter).

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*http://blog.butchevans.com/    *Wired or wireless Networks        *
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Professional Technical Trainer    *

----