I am not sure Matt. They manage the router so I have to rely on what they
tell me. They claim they are bonded and balanced, but how....I don't know.

Scottie

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:09 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: Re: [WISPA] OT: Ping times.

> This is a 2XT1 connection from AT&T. We have been having this problem
> for some time, but they keep telling me that the circuit is saturated.
> I have attached a graph from smokeping and one from our out interface
> on our Mikrotik gateway. Please note the eratic pings and some packet
> loss. Any ideas what could be causing this? Its not saturated as you
> can tell from the bandwidth usage at the mikrotik at about 8 PM last
> night compared to the smokeping ping times at around 8 PM.
>
> Any ideas?

How are the T1's load balanced?  Being that close to max I would not doubt
they are saturated at times.  You might ask on the Mikrotik forums for some
queue tricks to throttle back before latency goes through the roof for all
users.

Matt

----

---

9:33 AM

---

Dial-Up Internet service from Info-Ed, Inc. as low as $9.99/mth.
Check out www.info-ed.com for information.