The NS5 two small antennnas in it, one for each polarity. They have SNR but not
RSSI, which
I don't like. They don't currently do WPA2+WDS together very well; the firmware
is
improving quickly and has a lot of room for improvement, but is promising. You
can't turn
radio power down lower than 10dbm, and it's a 50/50 chance whether the radio
will have an
SMA or reverseSMA connector if you want to use an external antennas. I'd like
to see a
few more months of polishing before recommending them. We have only used them
with MT and
nanostation APs.

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 01:49:02PM -0500, Tom DeReggi wrote:
> Just looked up the Arc wireless 5.x DP subscriber antenna.  Looks like a
> pretty awesome option.
> 20dbi DP for around $60 + $60 for mount and enclosure if desired. Thats
> makin' it real.
>
> Not to switch subjects but... The NanoStation5, has two 14dbi Dual pol
> antennas inside. A great value, for near range residential, for $100.
> Any negatives with these units (for their purpose)?  Do they report full RF
> stats such as SNR and RSSI of the link?
>
> Have people found that they work well with StarOS and Mikrotik APs? (for
> their purpose of a single user residential type CPE)
>
> Tom DeReggi
> RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
> IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/