Try pinging the NS2's with 512k or larger packets and see if they
associate at a higher level.  It might be showing that when there is not
communication with any wi-fi device it operates in 1mb mode for basic
association communication.
If it changes to what you would expect then I would not be to worried
about it.  If it stays then be afraid... be very afraid or at least make
sure you have the newest firmware on them and see if that helps.

Anthony Will
Broadband Corp.
http://www.broadband-mn.com