From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Randy Cosby
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 1:07 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Alvarion VL Rackmount

I have got to put a plug in for the "SuperRMS".  We just installed our
second unit.  Just a great box for doing DC power control (or AC if you
want).  Pricey, but very flexibile and powerful.  Also has temperature,
voltage measurent, alarm contact monitoring, USB port with camera
drivers, alert and relay scripting, linux shell and on and on....

http://www.remotemonitoringsystems.ca/rms2/

Tom DeReggi wrote:
> There are three questions that come up...
>
> 1) Redundancy
> 2) minimizing impact of failure
> 3) Ability to remote reboot.
>
> We had chosen to stay with individual AC Adapter POE systems, for the
above
> reasons.
> The individual AC PS adapter plugged into the AC style Digital Logger
reboot
> device.
> If a PS fails, only one radio dies, and quick to replace the one PS
for $15.
> And if a radio locks up, we can reboot the port via Digital logger.
> Whether or not our device is located in the Closet, mid-way on tower,
or way
> up the tower, its one standard method to remote access the devices,
and
> power them.
>
> So to run one cetnral power supply to power all radios.... How will
you
> remote reboot them? And what will you do if the main Power supply
fails?
> I'd only recommend doing a shared power supply if it was redundant
with a
> ready to go spare (two units onsite).  As well, you then need to
convert to
> a DC based reboot device, and put the relays (or it) inline with the
power
> to the POE.
>
> Digital logger also makes a DC based model, with screw down panels.
This

--------
>> WISPA Wants You! Join today!
>> http://signup.wispa.org/