Wispa Members and List Users,

Yesterday, WISPA filed our Ex Parte Comments for FCC Docket 04-186,
Unlicensed Operation in the TV Broadcast Bands Additional Spectrum for
unlicensed devices below 900 MHz and in the 3 GHz band.  The submission can
be found at
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf
<http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_docume
nt=6520176838> &id_document=6520176838.  Please review our comments first.
Jack Unger, Steve Coran of Rini/Coran and the entire FCC Committee spent
hours lobbying, discussing, researching and writing these comments which
encourage unlicensed use of the TV Whitespaces which will be opened up in
Feb. 2009 due to the Digital TV transition.  We owe all of these people many
thanks and it is our responsibility to support their efforts by submitting
our support through individual comments.

While reviewing the comments on the FCC website this morning, it became
apparent to me that there is stiff competition from the AV industry against
this proposal.  I reviewed nearly 300 comments from people all over the US
in opposition to this FCC proposal.  I did see several which supported the
use of these bands for Wireless Broadband but we are heavily outnumbered.
There are currently over 30,000 comments filed under this docket.  Others
see how important this is, our industry needs to understand it as well.

It is my responsibility to all of the WISP operators to encourage each of
you to file your comments in full support of the WISPA Ex Parte Comments or
at least partial support with clarification if you oppose some part of our
comments.  I will be filing my comments as soon as I finish this email.
This is a huge opportunity for each of us to help educate the FCC
commissioners on the importance of opening up this valuable spectrum to
unlicensed (light licensed) operation for wireless broadband.  You can
review all comments at
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/websql/prod/ecfs/comsrch_v2.hts?ws_mode=ret
rieve_list
<http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/websql/prod/ecfs/comsrch_v2.hts?ws_mode=re
trieve_list&id_proceeding=04-186> &id_proceeding=04-186.

Please go to
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/Upload?hot_docket=1009000856|04-186|TV+White+S
paces
<http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/Upload?hot_docket=1009000856|04-186|TV+White+
Spaces&Send=Continue> &Send=Continue to file your comments today.  The
deadline is quickly approaching with the FCC Commissioners set to publicize
the rules for these bands on November 4th.  It is essential that you take
5-10 minutes out of your busy schedule today or tomorrow to write and file
your comments.

Rick Harnish

President

WISPA