> Maybe it's the placement of the device or just plain bad luck.  I know
> problems have existed and I know people still have issues, but I know
> quite
> a large pool of avid gamers (unfortunately, that's ALL some of them do)
> and
> none have had to replace an XBox 360 (though a couple did replace the
> original)...  and a few bought them on the day of release.

Most of the problems are heat related.  The xbox's graphic chipset can get so
hot that it starts to heat the solder back up and when it cools it cracks.  It
is called the (RRoD) red ring of death as indicted by the red ring around the
power button.  Just in case anyone has an xbox 360 or has a son/daughter that
does, you can simply add 2 normal case fans to the box of the 360 and it will
pretty much take care of the problem.  There are videos on utube that can show
you how to do it.  It is a lot cheaper than replacing a $300 device.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Davis, CEO
Maximum Technologies, LLC
Office 318.303.4725