See in line comments for my sanities sake :)

[Mac says] I to use mixed technologies and the numbers just took me by
surprise. I was not looking to see an average sub count anywhere near that
number per WISP. It makes me smile all over to see this kind of numbers
associated with that many WISPs. It reassures me that we (the wireless
industry) is healthy and moving ahead in the world.

> I guess the is the problem, I state a metric, like Mot reports having
> half
> the market.  So someone says they are full of crap and that nobody can
> believe something like that.
> (Part of being an evangelist for a choice is to reject, discredit or
> suppress information that holds the alternates in a good light).

[Mac says]  I agree with that comment 100%. I think it called "human nature"
when we defend what we believe in and I believe (part of the time) that what
I am doing is the absolute right thing and I will stand up for it :)

> So I do a very off-the-cuff non scientific study trusting that folks
> will be
> honest.

[Mac says]  Well - as I stated earlier - THANKS for the survey. I would like
to see a larger sampling though and let it run longer just to see how many
subs we (WISPs) actually have onboard. If we all stand together - united -
we can accomplish a lot of good for the industry. This TVWS that we (WISPA)
is currently working on didn't become a reality for all of us due to WISPAs
just sitting back and not speaking up! We need numbers even if it is an
honest "off the cuff" survey. You did good Chuck!

> One question for you Mac:
> Are you saying everyone is equally stretching the truth?
> Are Canopy users less honest than Trango or MT users?
> I would presume that the MT or Trango would be the ones stretching the
> truth...
> <grin>

[Mac says] Well - - I wouldn't tend to think that the Moto guys are any less
truthful than the rest of the guys :) unless the Rf from the Moto gear has
done something to your brains :)   I guess I was taken by surprise by the
averages of all. If anyone took offense - I apologize because that was not
my intent. If those are honestly truthful (or even close) numbers - - this
industry and the amount of subs we serve collectively is very large - - -
makes me smile!!

> How far do you reckon that folks have stretched their numbers?  I'll be
> happy to put my name by my number.
>
> Personally, I think everyone at WISPA is honest and we have a very
> honest
> sampling.  I was only testing the hypothesis that Canopy represents
> about
> half the WISP market.  Or really, more formally I was attempting to
> prove
> the null hypothesis that all manufacturers are equally likely to be
> supplying the market.
> I have not proved the null hypothesis.  Actually, I think it is
> rejected.

[Mac says] I don't know anyone in Louisiana utilizing Canopy today. I am
sure there are some operators somewhere here that do - I just don't know
where they are. You know that my going Motorola is one of the two choices
(the other being go WiMAX)I will make in the next week.

> We can get into confidence intervals and margin of errors (which would
> probably be about 12% for a survey like this) and ANOVA and Chi and a
> bunch
> of other stuff I have suppressed in a dusty corner of my noggin, but
> really,
> I was just looking for a general feel.

[Mac says] I think it was a great idea and needs to be duplicated on all the
lists. I know Brian Webster has been talking about trying to get some of
this data together along with the demographics of the areas we serve. I
think it would be a great idea as well as very helpful when we visit the
FCC!

Mac