The narrower they are the higher the power can be.  It's a complicated formula
that I never figured out.
marlon

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Blair Davis
  To: WISPA General List
  Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:12 PM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] Survey Comments: 2. Do you see value in raising WISPA
feesto allow for more efficient lobbying efforts with the FCC andother
Government Entities

  Marlon K. Schafer wrote:
Got the FCC to agree that a routed group of individual AP's could fall under
the same higher powered 2.4ghz rules as active antennas.  Too bad no one
built and certified a system of 8 or 10 ap's with very narrow sectors (how
about 24db grids :-).  Did you guys know that we CAN use more than 4 watts
at the AP's if the systems are designed right and are certified as such?
WISPA got that interpretation of the rules done.I remember reading about this,
but never managed to find out how narrow the beams would have to be.

  If 60-90 deg would work, there are MANY good ways to do it....