We've had for many years access to a non-live AM radio tower (by non-live, the
antennas are mounted on the sides of the tower, insulated, look like long steel
cables).  For a long time we ran AC to the top, into a small choke/transformer
(some little gizmo) that filtered the AM radio signal, along with a fiber cable
to the bottom.  A lightning strike zapped all the equipment a few years ago,
and we never replaced it.  The time has come that we need to put equipment on
it again.

I'd like to move towards running POE to the bottom, and at the top would be
Nanostations 2/5's.  The tower is 160 ft tall self-supporting.  I was thinking
about running shielded twisted pair cable.  In the past we've been able to run
short lengths of CAT5 at the top from the main power box, but the last time any
experimentation was done with CAT5 was with a former partner, and the now
deceased engineer that used to run the radio station.

Would the shielded cable remove the interference/static charge/etc or is this
just not possible?