* Forbes Mercy wrote, On 1/20/2009 7:00 PM:
> <snip>
>
> Took a back-up 433AH board up and used the same radio card, worked like
> a charm for both our access and customer throughput.  We didn't want to
> waste a three port/LAN board so ordered a 433a single port board.  Once
> it arrived we logged into it by MAC in the office with no problem,
> programmed it and sent it up to the tower.  Once on the tower customers
> associated just fine but once again we couldn't access the management
> side.  We saw the MAC and the identity for it but we couldn't ping that
> IP (yes, the 433AH radio was unplugged) and trying to load by MAC would
> start the RouterOS download but at various places it would crash.
>
> Moved the 433A down to the hut and a laptop easily logged into it, even
> when plugged into the switch, but we still couldn't log into it from
> remote, although the laptop on scene was going through the same switch
> and by MAC just like we were trying, sigh.  OK we put the 433AH back in
> service and again everything worked great.  I'm stumped, we isolated the
> switch, Cat 5, and IP Address but those two single cards won't allow us
> to log in over using Winbox either by IP or by MAC while it allows it
> locally.   *banging head against the wall.  Any ideas?
Hi Forbes....

A few questions/comments:
:
How long is the ethernet run?
We had a MTK client radio on an RB113 go irratic at times.
You can't upload into the MTK when using Winbox with the MAC address,
only IPs.
How about duplex/speed are they both matched? You might want to crank it
to 10M/FULL and see if that helps.

Leon