MT and a consultant ;)

/me laughing while running for cover

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Vander Dussen <sc...@velociter.net>

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:13:03
To: WISPA General List<wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: [WISPA] Mesh just for kicks

Looking to deploy a small mesh network downtown in a small city just for kicks.
 Low budget ($4k for ~10 nodes) - just want to get my feet wet and have some
fun.

I'd charge for the service if it was easy enough to do and it worked good
enough to justify a cost, otherwise free.  Was hoping there is was a turn-key
solution (PLEASE don't suggest Mikrotik - I could ask for a recommendation on
how to remove chest hair and someone will mention MT).  Anyhow, turn-key like
Meraki advertises would be cool.  How about the Pico2HP - is there a firmware
that works on those that could mesh?  Very new to mesh - thanks in advance.

`S

PS- Please don't hijack the thread defending how great MT is and how it can
save the world etc.. not bashing, just want plug+play which != MT.  (: