All,

This post is for those looking at putting in high throughput unlicensed radios.
 I can talk all day about the advantages of licensed (guarantee of 35-40db fade
margin for starters) but I want to throw out some real world numbers I am
seeing.  Don't get me wrong, there is always a place for unlicensed radios
(speed to deploy...licensed takes 4-6 weeks to build, and you can move the
radios without relicensing) but there are other options on the high capacity
side right now.  Check out everything below because the pricing for licensed
has come down tremendously over the years.  Just something to mull over this
weekend.

THIS IS ALL IN APPLES TO APPLES.

~110mbps Licensed Radio
Radio + 2 foot dished + Coordination = $9,995.00
FCC Fees = $650 per side = $1,300.00
2 Power Supplies and 2 POE Adaptors = ~$638.00
TOTAL PRICE ALL IN = ~$11,933.00

~150mbps Unlicensed Radio
150mbps Connectorized Radio Link = ~$11,000
Dual Pol Antennas + Coax Jumpers = ~$400.00
TOTAL PRICE ALL IN = $11,400.00

-Jeff
CTI
"There is a Difference"