From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Travis Johnson
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2009 12:11 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] High Throughput Licensed vs. Unlicensed - change of
topic -- customers / AP

Hi,

I think that's maybe a little high... we have a Canopy AP right now with
100 users on it... about 10% business and 90% residential.... and it's
probably bringing in about $3,500 / month. We will probably load it up
to about 120 users total, at which point it will be around $4,000 /
month.

Travis
Microserv

Charles Wu wrote:

        Which begs an interesting point -- how much revenue / AP?

        I would think $5k / month for a 20 MHz chunk of 5.8 spectrum,
while a bit on the higher side, isn't an unreasonable goal

        Using Canopy...you have 14 Mb aggregate

        Selling for $50 / month residential -- that's 100 customers
sharing 14 Mb
        Splitting between $100 / month business and $50 / month
residential (for better traffic shaping) -- that's now

        20 business customers during the day time (8-5)
        60 residential customers in the afternoon / evening (4-12)

        Now obviously, there will always be places where you're shooting
into a hole, or there aren't that many homes / business being covered,
blah blah blah blah -- but I don't think $5k / month / AP is an
unreasonable goal

        Thoughts? Comments?

        -Charles