I'd like to solicit the advice of the wireless community to help me
determine whether Proxim or Aruba is the best fit for my friend.

As luck would have it, he is very likely have the opportunity to work at
once of them (just finished some interviews), but because he is very
family-oriented, he is looking for the one has the best long term
potential.  (My suggestion was Aruba, as they seem to have a better
foothold in their niche space than Proxim does. Plus Proxim just got
delisted http://biz.yahoo.com/e/090402/prxm8-k.html).

About three days after putting his resume on Monster, he got bites from
both companies and has already gone through all the technical interviews
(which he found extremely easy, as he just passed the CCIE written, and
is currently preparing for the CCIE lab practical).

Is there anything that anyone has to add about either one of these
companies?

-r