What you are missing...is most of us can't get the funding to build that
Backhaul required and provide CPE for 100,000 CPE up front. Ok, sorry, I see
you are talking about Cali!

Many of us are covering rural areas that the local telco is not yet....and if
they do...they are getting subsidized by the government to do it!

If you want to know the real solution to the problem...go back about 10 years
ago when the USA Congress got rid of line sharing and instituted all the fiber
rules that left 90% of the ISP's out in the cold because of Congress's rules.
The Congress funded all the copper and most of the fiber deployments to these
places that the telco's promised to build out.

We have been picking up stragglers (ones even gov't funded monopolist's won't
get to, because it cost them too much) for years.

Now, make a lease agreement for that crap that any one would agree too. I mean
having to depend on the government from month to month and their decisions.
Most of you deal with publicly traded companies....deal with a few govt
subsidized(rural telcos...they are getting 80% of that USF fee you are paying
on you city telephone fees!)

I have already heard that one area we cover is getting Obama's funds to build
out FTTH in an area that has Population in July 2007: 1,892.

Now! Deal with that.

Scottie

It's a freaking Circus act here!

Scottie