I don't think that this would be an antenna location issue.

What antennas did you use and where are they pointed?

Also, what output are the radios?  If you use 600mw radios on the ap side
and 100 mw radios on the rx side it'll make a difference.

Also, having LOW power at the tx is almost always a good idea, especially
when colocated like this.  I usually only run 15 to 17dB at the ap's.  Most
of my sectors are 13dB.  Yeah, I have customers at 18 miles with multi meg
RELIABLE service this way.  There are other customers at much shorter ranges
that don't get reliable service, but that's caused by other issues :-).

We run most of our cpe at pretty high power these days due to the need to
blow through the overpowered competition or just over all noise levels.

Anyway, what gain are the antennas and where are they pointed?  How much
downtilt etc.

How far are the customers from the tower?

What polarity are the antennas?  All the same, or did you mix it up?

What are the cpe radios?  What power, what antennas etc.

If you had a 15 db transmit antenna and a 15 db transmit radio shooting to a
15 dB panel at 5 miles you should see an rssi of, -83 or so.  Legally you
could have 6 more dB at the AP side giving you around -77 at the cpe 5 miles
out.

Hope this helps!
marlon