From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Patrick Leary
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:29 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Is Open Range Monopolizing 17 Statesfor
StimulusFunding?

The pull teeth part has nothing to do with the trade agreement stuff --
that's just a basic part of the USDA RUS that's been in there for years
(pre-dating the 2002 inception of the rural broadband component of the
RUS). It is not any harder or easier to get an Israeli or Mexican or
Canadian product qualified than a U.S. product. The pull teeth part is
just the process of doing the Technical Acceptance application, which
requires lots of supporting documenation, test data and customer
testimonials.

Patrick Leary
Aperto Networks
813.426.4230 mobile