>With that in
>mind, WISP need to think of ways that they can tap the government money
>without losing their local focus.  WISPs might seriously want to consider
>forming cooperatives in which a group of WISPs within a geographic region
>enter into a joint venture to expand overall capacity.  Then that joint
>venture can apply for stimulus money.

Already exists: http://www.winog.org

Although one might say that I'm currently "in-charge" as Executive Director --
keep in mind, this was done because

(1) someone had to step up to the plate and get the idea going
(2) the person stepping up to the plate also had to put $$$$ behind it to make
it a reality

That being said, this has been organized as a 501c(6) organization with the
intention of "turning things over to membership" if we can get legs under it

-Charles