We ground our Heliax at 75 ft increments down the tower but have never
done it with shielded CAT5.

I've seen a few notes about soldering the drain to the connector and it
may work well but I recall being told by an engineer, from I think
Erico, as we discussed attachment of our copper wire back to clamps for
our tower not to solder them to the ground lugs because the temperature
would rise during a lightning strike causing the solder to overheat
effectively loosing ground potential of the tower.

Thoughts?

Dave Hulsebus
Portative Technologies, LLC