From: "Ed Spoon - Computer Sales & Services, Inc." <ed.sp...@cssla.com>
To: wireless@wispa.org
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2009 10:33:37 PM
Subject: [WISPA] 5.8GHz Link Loss

So, what causes this crazy loss on all of my 'longer' 5.8 links after
dark/overnight? Temp drop? Contraction? Condensation? Moonbeams?

More importantly, is there anything I can do about it? Anyone else dealing
with it?

Links are N-S, E-W and NE-SW, different brands radios, but all in the ISM
5.8 spectrum. Can start as early as 8pm but usually after midnight. Goes
until the suns been up 1 to 3 hours. Doesn't happen every day, but seems to
be predominant in the summer when we get over 90 degrees with 90% humidity
and then the afternoon/evening rain from the buildup. I see it happening to
short links also, just doesn't get bad enough to "drop".

Ideas?[image: 2009-08-07_221007.jpg]

Ed Spoon
triparish.net / cajun.net
Computer Sales & Services, Inc.
Ph: 985-879-3219 / Fax: 985-876-6789

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION

This electronic transmission and any documents attached hereto may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. The information is
intended only for use by the recipient named above. If you have received
this electronic message in error please notify the sender and delete the
electronic message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
contents of information received in error or otherwise is strictly
prohibited.