From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Jayson Baker
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:09 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Bullet M5 HP

I never said you had to believe me.  I know what we do, what our
environment
is like, and what works for us.  I know our customers always get 12Mbps,
and
we never get support calls.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Gino Villarini <g...@aeronetpr.com>
wrote:

> Jason
>
> Im sorry but i find some stated facts very difficult to believe.  the
25db
> vs 3db snr ratio is based on the fact that canopy can perform as
expected
> with just 3db over noise.  MIMO based gear needs about 25 db snr ratio
on
> both polarities in order to achieve good performence on 64qam and 2
chains.
>  So if your noise floor is -80, youll need a -55 signal to get the
high
> performance.  I guessing hte nano / loco units would be good for
really
> close clients, rocket dish for all others
>
> Gino
>
> ________________________________

Furthermore,
> UBNT will actually link around -95dBm and work, albeit slow.  Canopy
will
> say "SCANNING"
>
> We have tested these products, and have networks deployed both here in
the
> states and in Costa Rica.  You wouldn't think it, but Costa Rica has
> waaaaaaay more noise than we do here.  The government uses 2.4 and
5GHz for
> random things, people have way overamp'ed equipment, there are a ton
of
> little WISP's, etc.  Canopy down there performs as expected... a
couple
> mbps
> up, a couple mbps down.  UBNT MIMO blows it away, especially with
AirMax
> and
> in a noisy environment.
>
> When testing the MIMO you can't just run a single stream, they work
best
> with many streams.  We have seen about 130Mbps on a full-duplex on a
> deployed link, around 15 miles, in a noisy environment.  With the PtMP
> equipment, we see similar results.  With the older non-N non-MIMO
> equipment,
> we have seen up to 100+ subs on a single PowerStation AP, all getting
at
> least 12Mbps/6Mbps, and latency always under 10ms.
>
> I get it, it's a Motorola list.  We're on here because we use some of
that
> too.  Not much, anymore, because there are much better products out
there.
> I'm sure this will start a flame war, as talk of anything other than
Canopy

<wirelessn...@rapiddsl.net

www.ubnt.com.

--------