From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Josh Luthman
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 1:50 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] ruggedized enclosures mikrotik

The smaller ones (we used rb532) both hinged and 8 screw (man did these
suck).

I personally have never seen an 8 screw box leak (I have seen the hinged
one
leak).

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

"When you have eliminated the impossible, that which remains, however
improbable, must be the truth."
--- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Robert West
<robert.w...@just-micro.com>wrote:

> What size pac wireless box were you using that had the issues and did
it
> have the hinged cover?  We use the smaller ones for the 411 board with
the
> hinged cover with no trouble but from looking at it, the gasket isn't
much
> there for protection.  If it was a box with no hinge, just screwed on
do
> you
> think that would overcome the issue?  Just guessing but since I never
> thought of it before, not much down pressure on it from just that one
screw
> closing it up.  I like the hinges, makes it easy but now that you
brought
> up
> gasket failure I would feel better with screws all the way around on a
> larger box.  Larger box, larger area to expand and more of a chance to
> allow
> seepage through the seals??  Makes sense to me.  Just thinking aloud
here.

> Bob-

On

----