As the original post described some hell when it came to retyping in MACs
(man that has to make you go insane...) I wanted to add this.

I have my MTs sent an email every week - both text and binary.  Binary is
awesome when you have an identical set of hardware - drag, drop, reboot,
done!  Text is needed if you want to see parts of the config, move to a
different hardware platform or pick and choose what gets loaded.

Set the SMTP server, from email address and the to email addresses in each
script

/ tool e-mail
set server=X.X.X.X from="s...@this.com"
/system script
add name=makebackup source="/export file=([/system identity get name] .
\"t\")\r\n/tool e-mail send file=([/system identity get name].\"t\")
to=\"back...@setthis.com\" body=\"\" subject=([/system identity get name] .
\" Backup\")\n"
add name=makebinarybackup source="/system backup save name=([/system
identity get name] . \"b\")\r\n/tool e-mail send file=([/system identity get
name].\"b\") to=\"back...@setthis.com\" body=\"\" subject=([/system identity
get name] . \" Backup\")"
/ system scheduler
add name="email-backup" on-event=makebackup start-date=jan/01/2007
start-time=02:15:00 interval=7d comment="daily text backups" disabled=no
add name="email-binarybackup" on-event=makebinarybackup
start-date=jan/01/2007 start-time=02:20:00 interval=7d comment="daily binary
backups" disabled=no

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

"When you have eliminated the impossible, that which remains, however
improbable, must be the truth."
--- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle