From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Robert West
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:27 AM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Antenna Mount extensions

My competitor here uses 1.25" EMT conduit from Home Depot, 13 bucks for a
10' section.  He takes them to the local muffler shop and has them bend them
with a block U shape so that he can mount them to the side of the house
under the peak and the bend allows him to swing the mount to the eave as
well for stability.  For additional height he inserts the next smaller size
of EMT 1 to 2 feet inside the 1.25" and puts a couple of 1/4" bolts to
attach them together.  He can add another 8 or 9 feet this way.  BUT, EMT is
a soft allow, it's made to bend easily so I certainly wouldn't want to trust
it with anything with a large wind load very high up.

I haven't tried it but he says it works perfect for him and his guys install
a lot faster now.

Bob-