This is typically called "drive test" software and there are many
vendors of such...just not for wifi or similar technologies. Most of the
commercial stuff is for collecting data on cellular networks. That being
said, it shouldn't be too difficult to write a program to collect the
serial data (see NMEA under google) from a GPS and throw it into a text
file with the scan data from another program or device which you can get
external output from. I'm not sure if the MT API allows you to collect
scan data, but that's where I would start...anyone know?

Cameron