Realistically, you can't block the application if you can reach less
than 50% of the households in an area. Plus they are probably applying
for funds to cover an area larger than (or at least not completely
coincident with) yours, which would likely make a successful challenge
improbable at best.

However, BTOP requires that they offer interconnection, and strongly
encouages them to offer a real wholesale arrangement. It might be
worth your time to approach them about it.

Chuck
Sent from my iPhone