Tom,

 Be sure to upgrade the bios firmware as well when you go to 3.28     You
can upgrade the firmware with no loss of config, but to upgrade the bios you
have to be in the CLI. System routerboard print (shows you the version you
are running with upgrade available) Then type "system routerboard upgrade"
and then reboot

We have been experiencing a few odd issues as well.

Mac