Yes.  What he said....

-Jeff Ehman

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Randy Cosby
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 8:37 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] American Dollar. Was: Re: Barriers to WISP growth

Foreign goods (such as chips in our radios) will go up in dollar price.
Even food, natural gas, etc. can go up as those are priced on a global
market basis.  If one Chinese yuan (or whatever they use) can buy two
bushels of wheat where it used to buy one, they can bid the price up on
wheat (maybe to 1.5 bushels for a yuan) and still come out ahead.  We
Americans with our "weak dollar" then end up paying more (at the new
global price) for wheat.  Likewise, if our coal can be shipped overseas
for a better price than what the producers can get on the American
market, the global price of coal then goes up, and we end up paying more
for electricity.

Suddenly we become an exporter again, our trade deficit starts to move
the opposite direction from what it has in recent years.  Some problems
get better, others get worse.

The free market is an amazing thing.  If we quit messing with it
artificially through "stimulus" and over-regulation, things normalize
quite a bit quicker than we might expect.

Randy