From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of jree...@18-30chat.net
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 11:21 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] FCC WANTS UNUSED SPECTRUM GIVEN BACK

Yea but what does it mean for us? Everything I have seen makes this look
like
the FCC is only interested in the cell carriers. Maybe a trade can be done,
some
existing cellular spectrum is given over in exchange for the new spectrum?
Id
kill to have some cellular spectrum.

http://ctia.org/media/press/body.cfm/prid/1866
The cell industry wants 800mhz more spectrum available to them.

http://moconews.net/article/419-t-mobile-usa-requests-that-airwaves-once-set
-aside-for-public-safety-be/
T-Mobile wants the shared commercial/public saftey spectrum that failed to
sell
to be taken away, sold, and possibly the proceeds used to build the public
safty
network in another spectrum.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2fc5e1ac-b3a2-11de-ae8d-00144feab49a.html?nclick_c

----