Brad,

First, I was being Facetious , I thought that would have been obvious.

Second, Forgive the "generalized steriotypic" comment, as I did not mean to
bundle all property managers/ owner into the same class.  Many property
Owners do "get it", and we embrace their allegience and we work with them
effectively. When I say negative things about PRoperty owners/managers, I am
only referring to the percentage of clueless property mamangers that just
dont get it, and that have shown to be both destructuve to themselves, their
tenants, and our company's progress, because they cant open their mind to
new ways of thinking.

Third, I have been in this business for 10 years now, and it took a while,
but I've gotten to the point, that I pretty much have it down to a system
how to work with the local property managers /owners as effectively as
possible. BUT it was a long hard road to get here. It wasn't so easy the
first few years. Admittedly, that actually works to my advantage now because
we have LOTS of good relationships with PRoperty owners, that will be very
difficult for new entrants to try and replicate equally.

Fourth, My strategy has always been to look from the eyes of the property
owner, understand their position, and find ways to allie property owners and
manager, not fight them. In otherwords, how to make them your friend. There
are many ways to acommplish the goal, but again, it was NOT a fast process
to change the mind set of property owners in teh early years. It took
persistance, and a 5 year history of proof to lay in front of them, to
compare how property managers benefited or lost dependant on whether they
had embraced our wireless broadband partnerships or not.

Fifth, My frustration had always stemmed from the fact that 50% of our
revenue to date went to Property owner, and they generally dont do jack
squat other than delay the time it takes me to install subscribers. They do
control valuable roof assets, which is why they sometimes get paid by me.
It makes me laugh, when I hear consumers screaming for 30-50mbps for $25
/month broadband service, when I am often forced to pay Property
owners/managers way more than that.  I dont really have a propblem with what
Proiperty owners charge, as long as its a fair competitive market, and I can
charge my end users adequate fees to recoupe my costs that I pay property
managers.  BUT in talking National Broadband Plan, where there is a goal to
lower customer's costs and raise their speed, One of the most effective
things the FCC/Feds can do is lower the cost ISP's ahve to gain access to
tower assets.

Sixth- It is important to understand that all markets are nto the same, DC
Metro is a very ruthless market when it comes to gaining roof access.  In
rural America the problem may be special access costs (RBOC?), but in Metro
areas, we tade that problem for property owners that all want their peice of
the action. I hear stories of many WISPs that barter most of their tower
colocation, with very little cost for that. Or I hear stories where people
can erect their own towers for a few thousant dollars. Or bought the land to
build their tower for a few thousand. These things just aren;t that common
here in DC.  We live in a world of $17,000 Special exception permit
applications. We live in the world of maximum broadband provider
competitions, where roof managers try to give roof rights go to the highest
bidder, and never really want to give it, because of the possibilty for a
future hiugher bidder. And everyone wants Comast and Fios in the building,
because the Public is most aware of these companies. Often these companies
will refuse to come, if a third party ISP has been given rights to the
building with signfiicant market share, abd Property owners are hesitent to
select a small provider in fear they will retrict what the consumer may want
more. But there are hundreds of scenarios, and they give the property owner
the upper hand in negotiation. It takes a lot of creativity to get around
the barriers..

Seventh, In the early year 1 out of 9 closed sales were prevented due to
property management easement issues. Today, 9 out of 10 close sales,
actually get installed, because we've learned how to better work with
property owners, and target the locatiosn where we are successful.  But its
still a problem. And until a Wireless provider will have the same rights for
rooftops, that an ILEC utility has for the ground, we will never be able to
compete on equal ground, at the price points that The FEds and Public are
asking and dreaming for.

This is a big problem for us in public policy. ILECs can get 100% coverage,
third party ISPs and WISPs dont have the legal rights to gain access to the
resources to reach 100% of consumer. And the county and states dont have the
power to give access to it either because they dont own most of the land
that right-of-ways or Easements are needed.

But its why I have a big problem with Grant programs that force applicants
to be evaluated on both abilty to serve largest population and deliver at
lowest costs. I dont want to give access to prime tower assets at a
discount, no more than the property owners I pay wont discount it.  I need
to be selective on how these valuable resources are used..

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband