On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 12:14 -0400, can...@believewireless.net wrote:

> The circuit was originally purchased from UUNET and there were great.
> MCI acquired them and support went downhill fast.  Like Cogent, you
> could have someone at UUNET look at BGP problems 24/7.  Once MCI took
> over, they only had an engineer available M-F,8-5.  Once Verizon took
> over, it was absolutely terrible.

That's because all their engineers are following cell phone users
around :).  Yeah we had a similar problem with Verizon many years ago
and won't even talk to their sales person when he tries  to sell us
service today...like I want to buy from Verizon who has to back-haul the
circuit via FairPoint...Yikes!!!

We are lucky that there are a couple of mini-clec hotels in our area and
we run wireless 1Gbps links for our peering...saves us a fortune in last
mile cost!  Proud to say our entire network from last mile to back haul
links are all wireless except for the copper that ties into the
antenna's.