In previous life I was a product manager for Cisco and two smaller
networking vendors. I presented to 100s of groups under various scenarios -
everything from a user group with 10 people in Grinnell Iowa, to 2,000
people at Networkers, to private briefings at Cisco's HQ. From the vendor
perspective, WISPA is asking the vendor to make a public presentation to a
user group about their company, products and technology.

If I am the vendor, I make the following assumptions:

1. Everything I say is public and no one is under NDA which means I will not
disclose confidential or proprietary information.

2. The event will be recorded either by the user group or someone attending
the webinar at their desk.

3. My competitors will be listening to the event most likely using an alias
to attend event.

4. The audience might include people that use our products and are fans of
the company. The audience might include people that don't like the products
and the company. The audience will include people that don't know anything
about the company.

5. There will be people in the audience from smaller organizations that
don't have direct contact with the company and this is a great opportunity
to hear from them directly. Vendors love to hear from directly from people
that actually run a network every day rather than having it filtered through
sales force and the channel.

So, WISPA should:

1. Let the vendor know well in advance that the webinar will be recorded and
posted on the WISPA website with member only access.

2. At the beginning of the webinar, the host needs to remind everyone that
the webinar is being recorded. The reminder needs to be recorded.

3. After the event, post the recording as is. No editing, no vendor review,
just post it. The vendor gave their consent when after being notified that
the event was being recorded, they agreed to do the event.

Tim