There is no magic number.
I have had MT based APs that with the customer usage and the RB that it
was really busy at 20 users.  I have and know others that can provide
the throughput to well over 50 customers.  It depends on a lot more than
the count.
That said, going to sectors can do much for you.
And Steve Barnes is right in his post, 10Mhz channels and using both
Vertical and Horizontal polarities makes life better.

--
Scott Reed
Sr. Systems Engineer