I have been thinking of putting together a fully fault tolerant tower setup.

1 antenna; two radios.  Separate CAT5, separate box. If one radio
failed, the other would come on-line.  The replacement climb would be
taken out of the EMERGENCY category.

A complete system would be a 3) 5.8 120 degree sectors, plus 3) 2.4
(or 900 MHz) degree sectors.  6) small waterproof enclosures would
contain a router and one of each radio.

I know on some of the MT router boards there is a fan header that
could be used to energize a relay.  Microwave relays are readily
available and have acceptable insertion loss.  Would a stripline
divider like Cameron suggested in another thread be the answer
instead? Passive solutions are always better.  If the antennas were
dual-band, wind load on a tower could really be lowered.  Besides
redundancy, consolidating wind load would be my goal.

Has anybody done anything like this?  Can't seem to find any on the net.

Am I mad?  Mike