Typical, how many can believe that these guys pushing this: ">The plan would
involve the FCC buying spectrum back from TV folk and
>then auctioning it off to wireless folk" make at least a $100,000 clear a
>year?" Plus the lobbyist and what they make? We pay their salaries as American
>citizens! Most of the lobbyist are employed by the duopolies such as Verizon
>and Comcast! They want it auctioned off, because us small providers can not
>afford to compete against them!

It is time for WISPA, and the American people to understand this. It is up to
us as individual providers to educate the simple minded people in our areas to
protest this! I could be wrong, but I think WISPA could not afford to do this
nationwide. I am not yet a WISPA supporter, but have thought about it many
times...I have been burned before by joining another WISP group and have no
desire to do that again with the promises that never came. I am not saying that
I will not join WISPA.

I am, although, an American entrepreneur. I, as many have you chose to play in
an arena that the telecom and cable companies have a slightly unfair advantage
to us in that arena when it comes to FCC decisions. It does not matter how many
FCC rulings that you look up, we as WISP are always the underdog. And as this
post suggest, we are still the underdogs. We had a chance with "white spaces"
and we get the "money backed big dogs" against us. The American people vote
these guys or girls in that support us or are against us. It is time we educate
our customer base.

Scottie