On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 14:35 -0700, 3-dB Networks wrote:
> I must have missed the day Ligowave announced 11GHz can go through mountains
> :-)

LOL... most 11GHz can't, only LigoWave. ;) We'll look into this and see
what's going on with this link.

> Your calculator gives no indication of diffraction and multipath... which is
> often larger issues with licensed gear than rain fading.

Currently there is just one "Path Loss" value which takes into account
multipath and diffraction. Would you like to see it displayed
separately?

> I'd also question you using the QPSK transmit power and receive sensitivity
> as the default values when everyone is interested in the "320Mbps"
> throughput, which is considerably less power and a much higher receive level
> required.

This is a good point, we debated about this but for the first release we
decided to list the default values for "making the link work", not
necessarily the highest performance. We're thinking of ways to make this
more clear... maybe adding an option for modulation/speed along with
radio model.

> Constructive criticism... this is one of the better manufacturer calculators
> out there.

Thanks, we really do appreciate it :)

-Matt