As soon as it hits Wal-Mart they will all buy them and toss out the older,
"useless" G routers.  A nice opportunity to pick some used ones up for
cheap.

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of David E. Smith
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 10:13 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Wi-Fi to top 1 GB/s by 2012

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 21:18, Robert West <robert.w...@just-micro.com>wrote:

> They can have it then.  Still a waste unless they are an office sharing a
> server or have home server with their pirate bay movies, music and viruses
> to stream to everyone in the house.

I think the business customers would be more interesting than the home
users. Most home users, you can speak plainly to them and point out that
unless they're streaming a half-dozen HD videos at once, 100Mbps is all they
need. (And of course their upstream connection is just a tiny fraction of
that 100Mbps anyway. If they still want to spend more money than they need
to, hey, it's their money.)

I'd love something like this in my office, to be honest. My office only has
100Mbps wiring, and it'd be annoying (and probably cost-prohibitive) to
re-do twenty-some-odd cable runs with Cat6. If I could buy one new AP and a
dozen wireless adapters, and get all the benefits of a faster LAN, I'd be
sorely tempted. I know I've run into the limits of 100Mbps more and more as
time goes on, especially with using things like VMware internally, where
moving files that are tens of gigabytes is not uncommon.

David Smith
MVN.net

----