From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Robert West
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 7:46 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Wind! - RMA on a Mikrotik 411 board, anyone?

Turned out to be........

The 411 card.  "HUH?"  I hear ya say.  I dunno either.  I attacked the
cables first thing, replaced the pig tail, the short extension of
lmr-400
from the pac grid to enclosure, cat5 to router.  Man!  Still dead!  So I
connected my laptop directly into the 411 board and no response. Reset,
still nothing.  Lights up, gives me one beep but never completes the
boot,
no cute "beep beep" of satisfaction.  Got it here at home, no manner of
resetting gets it, can't get in via serial.  Could go with the jtag but
don't want to deal with putting the pins on it.  Bummer.

Only 4 months old, this one is. "Now where did I buy the thing?" is what
I'm
asking myself.   MT says to RMA through the distributor but I pick these
things up from whoever has the UBNT stuff in stock at the time, I just
add
to the order.  The invoices don't list the MAC ID or serial number, not
that
I can see.  Could be Streakwave, Wlanparts or Wisp-router.  I think I
bought
a few things form Jeffs Soho, might have just been 433's....

Anyhow, any tips on the RMA on these things?  Does it really matter who
gets
the hit?  I'd vote for Streakwave, they're closer.

Bob-