Mike,

The Bullets with the loose lan connectors was supposed to be a problem in
the first few production runs of the new ones so that problem hopefully is
gone.  UBNT is taking care of the ones with the bad solder jobs but it's
still a pain in the butt to ship and wait for the returns.  I'd feel safe
now with the Bullets.  The wrong firmware, boy, that's a new one!  But the
plus is that it's just a name on the main page, the hardware is essentially
the same so it should work no different.

As far as connectors on the antennas, I think it's just our old way of
thinking.  Everything we have used in the past, connector and cable wise,
has been heavy duty, made for our big and clumsy hands.  Over tightening and
yanking on wires for make sure they're secure is standard procedure but the
SMA connectors are very small and the antenna leads are stiff and thin.  I
found it all to just be a small learning curve and once I did it a few times
I overcame my old thinking.  :)  The new nano's for instance, a much better
access door design but at first I was just as aggravated with it as the ones
on the NS2's until I did it a few times now it's a snap to open and close.

I'd say just jump in and order what you can find.  The firmware is pretty
stable now, my links are solid and for the money it's less painful when
putting in a new AP.  I used a mix of Mikrotik and new Ubiquiti for some new
AP's and CPE's and they all played well together perfectly.  I'm now slowly
pulling out the MT where I can and replacing with UBNT when I can get it and
moving the MT to areas where I have mostly MT.

As far as their haste to bring these things to market.  Well.......  that's
the fault of a lot of us out here yelling for them to ship now!  I'll accept
the hic-ups as a trade for having it installed out in the field.  I gotta
deal with bad Microsoft operating systems day in and day out, I can add
dealing with these little issues too.

Bob-