Mission accomplished.   Customer is back on line.

I have a hard time understanding how this would be a "pecuniary
interest" situation, as neither operator was receiving money for the
call and this is not a common occurrence.   It might be in a gray area,
however I also had another gray area to deal with - the 110 miles of
blizzard condition driving that would have been necessary to make 30
seconds worth of changes to his CPE radio.    Certainly can't be a whole
lot at stake for five minutes of airtime.

Matt Larsen
vistabeam.com