I've heard of using the microwave for testing plastics and other materials as
well as paint. I've heard that sparks are one thing to look for but another and
perhaps equally as important is heat. For example, if you want to make your own
radome take a piece of plastic and put it in the microwave. If it gets warm
it's no good.

Greg