For 2010, " the short term", I am much more optimistic.

Demand is as strong as ever. Technology is evolving, to enable us to better
compete. Every day,WISPs are 1 day closer to profitabilty than the day
before.

But there is also a down side. I'm less optimistic on the "long term".
Customer perception and demand for faster speeds for less money is growing,
and commodity providers (RBOCs/Cable Cos) are starting to work further in to
WISP served territories, to put on the competitive pressure.
WISPs are less certain about longevity of the market, and will be looking
for quicker ROI, to reduce RISK.

WISPs will do well in 2010 because they are adding custoemrs faster than
they are loosing them, and better possitoned to do so. But, the bad news is
they are also loosing customers to competition.
This has the potential to harm hardware purchases, because when WISPs loose
customers, they often relocate the gear they already own.
Manufacturers that increase sales most will be the ones that are offering
new products with enough new value (capacity) to justify the replacement of
gear already live in place.

WISPs will be more concience about excellerating ROI and less interested in
long term investment.

There is no doubt 2010 will be better than 2009. But what about 2012 & 2013?

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband