From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 1:26 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] StarOS Operator gets Stimulus Funding

Travis,

> Yes... and to go a step further, if the business doesn't qualify for a
> bank loan (or leasing, or whatever) then they probably shouldn't be in
> business in the first place.

So you are telling me that I have no right to be in business? The first 9
years I couldn't qualify for loans.
I have been in the Wireless business for 10 years now and doing really well
for myself from my perspective, and helping many people.
I didn't need a Bank's endorsement to accomplish that, and I did just fine
for my customers without them.

A false assumption, that Banks are capable of determining who is or isn't a
viable business. I'll admit  Banks are good at determining whether a company

falls within a broad pre-defined profile, and RISK can be estimated by
looking at the average tracked for that profile type. But profiling is still

a very innacurate way to measure the merits of an individual business, as
many businesses dont fit into a profile and should not be measured the same
way.
This country's method of evaluating credit worthiness is the biggest sham,
that I have ever witnessed.

> If you can't show a profit and make a
> business work, getting a loan isn't going to fix that problem.

That I agree with.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband