From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Blake Bowers
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 2:08 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] tower contracts

I made the comment to an attorney the other day, that I don't drive
in the same block as the courthouse any more without an attorney.

Contracts are an agreement - they are not ironclad.  You can discuss putting

all sorts of stuff in a contract, but just because it is in the contract
does not make it binding.   If you put something in the contract that is
contrary to state, federal, local or even case law, than it is just not
valid.  If the city already has imunity from liability, then nothing you put

in there will change that.

My "contracts" with WISP's are gentlemans agreements.  My "contracts" with
cell carriers are puffery.  Well written by expensive attornies, but puffery

none the less.

If I read all this right, the OP has a deal where for no cost he can get on
a city water tower, sites that he has been working on for two years.  Is the

contract perfect?  Is any contract perfect?  Is it a good deal for the WISP?

Yeah, I would specify a limit on the free service.  The other stuff, I would

probably just sign and run with.  The matter of what is included?  Get them
using your service and they will let you do whatever you need to do - within

reason of course.   It is not costing you any monthly money!  That is
considered a hell of a deal in a lot of places!

I guess the litmus test would be, does your attorney play golf with the city

attorney?  Do you play golf with the city attorney?  Really.  If you have a
relationship, or your attorney does, then making changes is easy.  If no
relationship, minor changes are viewed as more of a pain in the butt.

There is a popular saying, that a man who is his own lawyer has a fool for
his client.  Surely you have have an attorney.  It is well worth the money
for his review.

Bob's comment about a seperate corp for each tower site?  Not a bad idea -
often you will find a company has a few sites under each corp.  For this to
be really effective though you must not allow the corporate veil to be
pierced, so you have to have seperate financials for each corp, annual
meetings, corp book, etc.  (we hold all of ours one after another on new
years day)

And corporations take different forms, which one is right for you?  S
chapter?  LLC, etc?

Don't take your organs to heaven,
heaven knows we need them down here!