On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 13:45, Marlon K. Schafer <o...@odessaoffice.com>wrote:

> OK, this looks interesting.  It would be nice to drop the amount of data
> across especially busy parts of the network!
>
> Anyone else used this or something similar?

This looks a lot like the dialup accelerator software packages that were all
the rage several years ago. I'd just about bet Propel's service requires
software to be installed on the customer's PC. Assuming that's the case, you
won't be able to install it on a Netflix box or a PS3 or basically anything
that's not a standard desktop computer. Thus, depending on your customer
base, you may not see all that much traffic reduction.

We have something similar, from another vendor. It works well enough, though
we were marketing it primarily towards dialup users; at the time (several
years ago) the effects on a 1Mbps connection were negligible. This probably
has changed over time, but our vendor wanted a crazy amount of money to sell
us an update that would be compatible with Windows Vista, so we haven't
really tested it in quite a while.

David Smith
MVN.net